Friday, May 27, 2011

dreams

She opened her eyes.
There was a smile on her face when she woke up.
It was a beautiful dream that she had woken up from.
She had imagined him in that room.
Lying down right besides her.
Holding her close.
It was a winter morning.
There was a certain chill in the air.
But she, she felt warm because of him.
Lying side ways, they both looked into each others eyes.
And smiled. And spoke.
In their morning after, deep but soft tones.
You are here? She asked him.
Where else would I be? he replied and played with a strand of her hair.
Hmmm...she said. I am glad you are here. It gets very cold when you are not.
Yes. It does. Doesn't it. He replied. I feel that too.
Every time I go away, I only want to come back to you.
Liar. She said and laughed. Teasing him.
No. Its true. He said with hurtful eyes. Tell me you know its true.
Haan Baba! I know its true. Don't get all serious now. Smile!
Please smile for me. You know how it makes me happy to see you smile. You don't smile that often. Have you realized?
I don't? Really? I thought I did. He said.
You do. But not as much as I would want you too. She said with a smile that was the most beautiful in the world.
Kiss me! she said. Kiss me right now. Don't talk your big heavy worded talks.
Tell me with your kiss how much you love me!!!
What! Now! Right now!!!? But we haven't even brushed yet. You hate kissing without brushing your teeth and more importantly me brushing mine!
Yes...I do. But not today. Now...stop talking and kiss me.
Just when he leaned in to kiss her she said, "You know what? Yesterday I had an amazing dream!
Yeah really! he said...unsure whether to risk making her feel that he was more interested in kissing her right then, than listening to her talk about her dream.
Yes. She said with a happy glow.
Tell me all about it. He said. Tell me about it with all its details. Leave nothing out.
Yesterday, early in the morning. Infact very early in the morning I was dreaming about you and a strange thing happened!!!
What thing? He said.
I actually felt that you were in this room and that you kissed me. Trust me it was sooo real that I felt it.
I really felt it and I woke up smiling, realizing I was only dreaming when I tried to kiss you back. She said and smiled with the sweetest embarrassed smile.
The smile warmed him up. He did not. Could not say anything.
He just held her closer. Her head on his chest. Her fingers playing with the hair on his chest.
Their legs intertwined. Their eyes closed.
The room was silent and filled with their presence, oblivious to everything else.
There was nothing else at that moment. Just them.
He turned his face slightly, gently towards her ears and whispered
You know this...this is the bestest feeling in the world.
He closed in eyes. They closed their eyes.
Both saying nothing just holding each others hands a little tighter.

The rays of the sun stared cruelly upon her face.
She tried to shade her face with her hands but that did not help.
Please go away she said. Let me sleep. I need some sleep. I have not slept in days and nights.
The sun did not relent.
Finally she opened her eyes. Looked around. She was alone in the room.
She felt the pillow and the sheet. They were both cold.
She looked at the photograph lying on the table by the bed.
The night lamp was still on. Creating a halo around the photo.
She took it in her hands. Kissed it. And whispered. Yes it is the bestest feeling in the world. Couldn't you have stayed with me for a moment longer last night.But I know you would be here again, tonight.
Before the cruel sun wakes me up.



No comments:

Post a Comment