Wednesday, July 25, 2012

laughing at the tears of a clown


a clown
i
do not
take my make-up off
before i go to bed

too taxing
i think

the tears
shall wash
it away

the silent sobbing
benefits of
crying myself
to sleep

besides
why be bothered
about this
glittery gloss
twice in a day

why take the trouble
to put out
this mask
which
with every dawn
comes
as a gift

forcing my
self coloured
gloomy frown
upside down
into a blood red
grin

stapled
on my face
through out
the day

as i wait
for the evening

to build up
into the night

so that i can
coil
on my mattress
remembering
gut wrenching
eternal facetious
innocent sin

my once
pride n joy
now a chagrin

waiting

for the moment
when these
sticky wet dry
tears
come
rolling

burn
through my
masque raid my skin
and not taunt
or laugh
or point fingers

just run down
my cheek
nicely tucked
under my chin

asking me

while putting me
to sleep

hey clown
apart
from your
make-up
and
comic antics
and
funny frowns
and forced grins

how have you been
how have you really been

No comments:

Post a Comment