Saturday, December 29, 2012

gospel

i listen
i listen
to my words
for you


no
do not mistake these 
words
and no
do not dismiss
them as words
of flesh
they aren't

they aren't merely

words 
of the flesh
they are 
words
made by flesh
given body through flesh
and fed on blood
coloured 
in the colours of rainbow
and every imaginable 
unseen hue


my words
knocking on your door
to become your words
and your words becoming
my veins
carrying
life
to my heart



and i listen
i listen
to my smiles for you
my smiles waiting at the turn of the corner
waiting for you to appear
so that they can become
your smiles

and no

do not mistake these
smiles
do not think of them
as a lullaby 
masking something sinister 
something deceitful
decorated with marquee lights
burning bright
and killing moths and butterflies
alike

your smiles

becoming
my arteries
carrying
the meaning of life
from my heart
to the rest of my
body

my limbs
glistening
after listening
to the combined gospels
of your words and smiles
the gospels
according to
St. You

No comments:

Post a Comment