Monday, July 19, 2010

Stolen Colours

I feel this pain that is indescribable; it tears right through me…my skin and bones…
My naked soul exposed to the world, tormented and tired, grieving and crying…
Nothing I do makes it heal…no amount of nursing makes it smile…
I identify with corners, dark and dusty ones…the corners of a home in which even memories have quit to reside…
Alone it roams, alone it floats from room to room from one moment of time to the other…
Followed by the burden it took on itself…now bent under its own weight…
It is getting too heavy…to look up…eyes too hazy to recognize colors…
Everything around seems to be painted in black and white and grey…no light escaping through…
No prism of glass to break it into a spectrum…to fill these dark dusty corners with the seven colors of a rain bow…
The bones are white…the soul is grey… the skin is pale and the tears are colorless…
Alone floating from room to room from one moment of time to the other…
Spirit and zeal vanishing in vapors…the colors evaporating in a hurry…only the warmth of the tears on my face and the chill of the bones keep acquaintance with me now…
The soul dying a thousand deaths…the colorless being pushed into an abyss…
Dark and deep like the dusty corners…floating from one moment to the other…
Being tormented further and further….

No comments:

Post a Comment